Thursday, April 19, 2012

Will ASG Television Audience See The K Through Mist?

Today's a day off for the Royals, so I'm watching a few games on MLB Extra Innings and figured I'd write something short about a topic other than the recent miserable results.

With today's press conference at Kauffman Stadium to unveil the ballot for the 2012 MLB All-Star Game in Kansas City, it got me thinking about a what-if scenario.

Many times when I'm watching a televised broadcast from The K, the picture from the center field cameras is obscured by mist from the stadium's fountains that blows in front of the camera platform. I think the wind has to be blowing a certain direction for this to occur, but the other night when it was happening during the game against Cleveland, it made me wonder what the national reaction from fans would be if it happened during the All-Star Game.

I think what needs to be done is to construct some sort of elevated platform that would raise the cameras up to a level where the mist would be below them. Either that, or they need to move the cameras to another location, but where? There aren't many options when you think about it.

The bottom line is this for the Royals - they want Kauffman Stadium to shine in front of what will likely be the largest television audience ever to view a game from the venue. It would really be unfortunate if one of the main things people remember from the game is that FOX had to go to a view from behind the plate because the outfield cameras were rendered useless.

That's all I have for tonight. Hoping the Royals are making good use of this off day to rest up and restart their season anew when Toronto comes to town tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?