Monday, October 17, 2011

Hello...Again

Hello. My name's Mike, and I run this site. Well, I ran this site, since it's been two-plus years since I've given you anything to read. I've set myself up for criticism, since I cleverly decided to name this blog Undying Royalty, and the content on it basically died. I mean, hell, my last post took place when Trey Hillman was still at the helm. Maybe that explains why I stopped writing. I was too embarrassed for having defended him as Royals manager.

In reality, though, my loyalty for the Kansas City Royals has never wavered, and I didn't give up on the organization for a second. Truth be told, real life just got in the way of my blogging.

Some of you who followed this blog from the beginning might know that I was a stay-at-home dad when it launched. When I first started Undying Royalty, my son was still at home with me. These days, he's in elementary school, which means I have too much time to know what to do with.

I'd like to say that I'm employed full-time, but I'm not. Last year at this time, I was working a contract position at the University of Minnesota, providing coverage for its women's basketball program. These days, I drink far too much coffee, watch TV, and take care of minor projects around the house. I still do some volunteer work for Gopher Athletics, but I've made the decision to rededicate some of my time to making this blog worth reading again.

Listen, I'm no Rany Jazayerli. If you're a Kansas City Royals fan and you haven't come across his blog,
Rany on the Royals, you need to check it out. But I do hope to regain some of the followers I once had, and to provide another view on my favorite team. Hope you'll forgive me for my long absence.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?